Kitchen Remodel Ideas
Remodeling a kitchen is no easy chore. Since there are so many things to budget for, below is a quick cheat sheet that you can refer to in order to know what you’re going to have to budget for when you’re thinking of some kitchen remodel ideas:
- Stock: These are the cabinets often found in stock at your local hardware store. These can range anywhere from $3,000 to as much as $6,000 for a 10’x12′ kitchen.
- Semi-Custom: These allow you to choose a few additional options such as the type of finish, the wood and even the glass. This can range anywhere from $7,000 to as much as $11,000 uninstalled.
- Custom: Custom cabinets are built exactly to your liking. Being one of the most expensive type of cabinets, a custom-made cabinet can range from $14,000 to as much as $24,000. Popular companies to consider if you want a custom job would be Diamond, KraftMaid and Thomasville.
- Laminate: One of the lower ends, laminate can range from $5 to $30 per square foot. The average kitchen will cost around $500 to $1,000 to completely install.
- Tile: Depending on the type of tile purchased, a tile counter top can cost $1 to $100 per square foot.
- Wood: A solid wood counter top can vary from $25 to $75 per square foot.
- Concrete: Considered to be one of the higher end counter tops, a concrete counter top can range from $65 to as much as $175 per square foot.
- Granite: Known as one of the most popular types of counter top, granite can vary from $25 to $75 per square foot. Similar to granite, other kitchen remodel ideas when it comes to higher-end counter tops can include natural stone and even quartz.
Appliances and Items
- Dishwasher: A dishwasher can cost anywhere from $300 to as much as $800. For example, the Maytag Jetclean Plus 24″ retails for $500 to $550.
- Garbage Disposal: With most kitchen remodel ideas, many opt to include a garbage disposal if one was never installed before. A disposal can range anywhere from $40 to $200 uninstalled.
- Microwave: A microwave can range anywhere from $70 to $300. For example, the GE Profile Spacemaker can retail for $225.
- Range / Oven: A range and oven can widely vary in pricing depending on the type that you want. The prices can range anywhere from $400 to as much as $2,000. A higher end double oven range such as the LG LDG3016ST retails for $1,400 while the simple, GE white range retails for $400.
- Refrigerator: A refrigerator can cost anywhere from $300 to $3,000. For example, a higher end fridge such as the Samsung RF4289HARS retails for $2,500.
When thinking about kitchen remodel ideas, there are other factors to consider such as the professional installation costs, the permits that have to be pulled, the flooring if you choose to replace that and even the demolition process. When everything is all said and done, plan on factoring anywhere from $10,000 to as much as $35,000 for a complete, professional kitchen remodel.