Here are some tips in reducing your electric bill to save money.
- Get a home-performance contractors. This might cost you from $250 to $800, but this is considered as a good investment. Their responsibility is to review your energy bills, assess the cooling and heating equipment and can detect safety hazards.
- Replace your old appliances and upgrade to an energy-efficient appliances. Refrigerators are one of the major contributors in your electric bill, choose the right size that will cater your needs.
- Choose LED light bulbs. This is least expensive but most effective way to save electricity.
- Use ceiling and whole-house fan in cooling your home. This will reduce the need for an air conditioning.
- All air leaks in your home must be sealed.
- Ensure to turn off your appliances if not in use. Standby power can supply up to 9% of your electric consumption.