Having a pool is a great thing. If you are lucky enough to have a pool, then you should take care of your pool properly. Your pool needs proper care of its cartridge. This article is about how to take proper care of pool cartridge.
- Clean the Elements Regularly. You need to consider the pressure on the filter gauge regularly. If it is 8-10 pounds more than normal pressure, then you should clean it. Duration of the cleaning depends on few factors like bather load, chemical balance, etc.
- Never allow excessive build up of dirt or debris on the cartridge. It could be detrimental.
- Always use a soft brush to clean the cartridge. Never a use a stiff brush. It will damage the media. You could also use a Water Wand to do the work properly.
- Never use a power washer. Using a power washer will damage the filter element. Also, media could get damaged.
- Never use household bleach or acids. Using them will damage the filter element, cartridge, and end caps. Also, you could use little bit of muriatic acid.
- Use two sets of cartridges. This is a good way to clean the pool well. If you have two sets of cartridges, then you could remove one and use another one as back up. It also allows deep clean. So, do think about using two sets of cartridges.
- Use an Enzyme treatment to remove the oil on the filter cartridge. You could also use chemical spray to do this work.
These are the most important tips to clean the cartridge of the pool. Follow them regularly, properly. Swimming pool is a great asset of a house. We all should try our best to make it as clean as possible. The above tips could be very useful when it comes to getting the most out of your pool.