Bathroom Remodel Ideas
Remodeling jobs are always a challenge, especially when the space is rather small. A room such as a bathroom has so many items that need to replaced, the costs can add up rather quickly. If you’re interested in remodeling your bathroom, these are some costs that you should be aware of.
- A common bathtub/shower combination known as an Alcove can cost $200 to $450. Some of the common materials that they are made of include acrylic, cast iron and porcelain.
- A soaking tub can cost $400 to $2,000. Some major soaking brands include Kohler, American Standard and Toto.
- A freestanding tub can range anywhere from $1,200 to as much as $4,000. A lower-end acrylic freestanding tub will in the $1,200 to $2,000 range, while a higher-end tub made of a cast iron can cost upwards of $4,000.
- A walk-in jacuzzi tub that is designed for larger bathrooms can cost anywhere from $1,500 to as much as $5,000.
- For bathrooms that don’t have a vanity and need cabinets similar to the kitchen, cabinets can widely vary anywhere from $100 to $500 per cabinet. In-stock cabinets are going to cost less than a semi-custom or custom-made cabinet.
- With the cabinets, if a counter top has to be added, the prices can range anywhere from $5 to $10 per square foot for a material such as laminate, to $20 to $40 per square foot for a material such as granite. A higher-end such as concrete or ceramic tile can be as high as $75 per square foot.
- The three most common types of flooring that you’ll see in a bathroom will include vinyl, ceramic flooring and hardwood.
- A ceramic tile can cost anywhere from $1 to as much as $30 per square foot.
- Vinyl flooring, a cheaper alternative can range anywhere from $2 to $6 per square foot.
- Hardwood flooring can cost $4 to $13 per square foot.
Sinks and Vanity
- A single bathroom sink that would be installed within a counter top will cost anywhere from $50 to as much as $500. For instance, a lower-end model will have a basic oval design, generally made of porcelain.
- A single sink vanity can retail for $300 to as much as $1,200.
- A double sink vanity can cost $600 to $2,000.
- A basic toilet can retail for $200 to $400. For example, a Kohler Cimarron 1.28GPF retails for $230.
- A dual flush toilet can retail for $150 to $400.
- A higher-end toilet such as a macerating one can retail for $500 to $800.
These are just a handful of things to consider when remodeling. Don’t forget to include things such as light fixtures, your hardware, shower heads, destruction tools, professional help and more.