Architectural landscaping is the only way to transform the look of your outdoor environment into true professionally shaped environment. Performed by professional landscape designers, architectural landscaping can purely put your imagination into the right shape. Technically, architectural landscapes are divided into two categories:
- Structures that add up true aesthetics to your home
- Structures that renders some function along with aesthetics such as driveways, patios etc.
Architectural landscaping is a lot more than simple lawn and garden services that is why the services of a professional landscape designer are hired. These designers develop the blue prints of landscape master plan in which your preferences are put into paper in a workable format. The primary focus of such activity is to extend your lifestyle and taste into your outdoors.
Whichever type of architectural landscape design you select for your outdoors it should comply with some basic principles in order to have an outstanding effect. These principles are briefly described below:
- The architectural landscape design should be a unification of its basic elements for example:
- Implanting elements with similar lines, patterns and shapes
- Integrating plants and trees with analogous colors and hues
- Elements with similar appearances impart a polished look
- Several unusual components should be used to avoid monotony
- The architectural landscape design should be balanced according to its characteristic i.e. evenly distributed throughout the outdoor space. This helps in making the different parts of the design as a focal point of the landscape. The balance is achieved by the even distribution of the various elements used in the architectural landscape design.
- The architectural landscape design must have suitable number of focal points that consists of key architectural pieces positioned at best place of the design. These focal points should be further highlighted by suitable back ground and lighting.
- An ideal architectural landscape carries movement in its design that carries the on-lookers’ attention from one key point to another. This is achieved by implanting series of variations in the designs elements such as in their size, colors etc.